Don’t let those extra muffins go to waste! Whether they are getting stale or are starting to crumble, muffins make amazing bread pudding.
Normally when I bake muffins I use them for a couple breakfasts and freeze the rest to have later. But sometimes I get busy. And the muffins just sit there, staring at me for a week.
Or once in a while there is that batch of muffins that didn’t turn out quite right. They are crumbly and messy and you just want to toss them. Don’t!
Serve your muffins again in a new way.
Use them to make bread pudding!
This was so easy to make. I assembled it in minutes. And it turned out great!
The next time you have a few leftover muffins turn them into something new. Make a unique bread pudding with a variety of flavors. I have tried flavors like orange cranberry and blueberry. If your muffins are kind of bland you can add extra fruit or dried fruit to the bread pudding to boost the flavor.
A Lot or a Little
You can make leftover muffin bread pudding with a whole batch or just a few muffins. Enjoy it as a breakfast or dessert. I like to pour milk on top, like baked oatmeal.
I have fond memories of my mom serving bread pudding when I was a child. It was one of my favorite treats. But I don’t take the time to make it often these days. When I do, though, it’s usually using leftover muffins (these allergen free muffins are perfect for making bread pudding!)
- Leftover muffins
- 2 eggs for every 4 medium-size muffins
- 1/2 cup milk for every 4 muffins
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. organic cane sugar, sucanat or coconut sugar (depends on the sweetness of the muffins) for every 4 muffins
- optional: fresh fruit, frozen fruit or dried fruit
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Add the eggs, milk and sugar (and fruit) to the baking dish. Beat with a fork.
- Crumble the muffins and add to the dish. Push the muffin pieces down to get fully coated. If there is not enough moisture add extra milk.
- Adjust sweetness to taste.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until golden on top and baked through.
- Serve plain or with milk, yogurt or ice cream.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.