That means one thing…bread pudding!! Since it’s blueberry season I made blueberry bread pudding.
I love bread pudding for so many reasons. It’s very easy to make. It’s a great way to use up bread scraps or old bread. Plus it’s completely delicious!
Bread pudding makes a great breakfast or dessert. You can modify it to meet your allergen needs and your personal tastes.
This version combines gluten free bread with fresh blueberries and a few chocolate chips for a soft and sweet treat with a burst of flavor from the berries.
Any kind of milk will work for this recipe. I used oat milk since it’s what we have on hand. Coconut milk would add a great richness to the bread pudding.
Are you in need of something different for breakfast? Try blueberry chocolate bread pudding. The whole family will love it.
- 2 cup gluten free bread, cut/torn into chunks
- 1 cup milk or milk subsittute
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted (or butter)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Grease a 1 1/2 qt. casserole dish or 9" square baking dish.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Let sit 5 minutes for bread to absorb some of the liquid.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 75 minutes.
- Allow to cool and set for 30 minutes before serving.
- The bread pudding can be served warm or cold.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.