Cheesy, flaky and gluten free. These gluten free cheese biscuits are the perfect compliment to any soup or salad.
Recently I wanted something different. I went with savory for a change. I made cheese biscuits.
Cheese biscuits are very easy to make. They bake up nicely with a slightly crispy crust and a soft inside.
You can serve cheese biscuits with your favorite soup, have them for breakfast or enjoy them as a snack any time of day.
These biscuits are gluten, egg and nut free. You can use any variety of cheese you like and add any seasoning. Some herbs would really boost the flavor.
As school starts and you are trying to get easy meals on the table, a crockpot full of soup with cheese biscuits on the side is perfect.
- 1 cup any combination of gluten free flour (i.e. amaranth, rice, sorghum, tapioca)
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder or other seasoning/herb of choice (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- Heat the oven to 350*F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, salt, powder, soda, flax seed and seasoning.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Add the cheese and mix.
- Add the milk and mix.
- Divide the dough into 6-8 parts.
- Shape each mound of dough into a ball. Place on the parchment paper and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until golden and baked through.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
- If not serving fresh, reheat in the oven for 5-10 minutes to crisp.
- Using half "white" flour works best (white rice or tapioca)
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.