When it comes to getting dinner on the table I like simple. Using a mix for muffins definitely makes baking simple.
But there is no need to buy a mix at the store. You can make your own!
This corn muffin mix comes together in minutes. Then whenever you want corn muffins to serve for breakfast or to go with chili or soup all you have to do is add a few ingredients, stir and bake.
My kids LOVE having corn muffins with chili. We like to top them with butter, honey, maple syrup or jam. No matter how you serve them, corn muffins are good.
Do you eat corn muffins often? Triple the recipe so you can make some any time.
A homemade muffin mix also makes a great gift. Pair it with a jar of coconut oil and you have a nutritious and heartfelt present for family, friends or a new mom.
Prepare some corn muffin mix on the weekend or whenever you have time. Then bake up a fresh batch of muffins any night of the week. Your family will love it!
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 1 cup any combination of gluten free flour (a white flour for half of the mix works best)
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar, sucanat or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Dry mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
- In a medium bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mix into a container for storage and sea (I like using glass jars).
- Store the mix in the cupboard, refrigerator or freezer (depending on how long you plan to store it).
- Heat the oven to 350*F. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups or grease well.
- Combine the dry mix with the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into 12 muffins cups.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes, until golden and baked completely.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
If you order by clicking on any of my Tropical Traditions links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.