Ground beef is simmered with broth and milk or milk substitute to create a creamy sauce. You can go as bold or as simple as you like with the seasoning.
There are several ways to serve this stroganoff. A common way is over noodles. If you prefer noodles you can cook them separately or even add them right to the pan with a little extra broth for a one pot meal.
I served this over mashed potatoes (we had leftover potatoes, so all I had to do was heat and serve!) for those that could have them. For the others I served the beef stroganoff as an open face sandwich on homemade gluten free rolls. My son really enjoyed eating it that way since he could use his hands.
Beef stroganoff can be served just about any way you like. Try it on squash or rice. You can even eat it plain!
This is definitely a simple supper. Plus it is full of nutrients from the beef and the broth. It is also very allergen friendly with no dairy, gluten, grains, eggs, nuts or corn.
Another great thing about this beef stroganoff is that it is a very budget friendly meal. Ground beef, broth and onions are very affordable. So you can serve the whole family for very cheap.
Beef stroganoff is easy to prepare, big on flavor and full of good stuff. The whole family will enjoy it.
- 1 lb. ground beef (or pork, turkey or chicken)
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, lard or tallow
- 1 small onion, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup beef, chicken or turkey broth
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 Tbsp. arrowroot or tapioca flour
- 1 tsp. unrefined sea salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- In a large skillet heat the coconut oil.
- Brown the meat and onions.
- Add seasoning, broth and milk.
- Simmer for five minutes.
- Combine the arrowroot with 1 Tbsp. cold water.
- Add the arrowroot mixture to the pan and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles, rice, bread or squash.
- If you want to make a one pot dish simply add 1 cup any variety of noodles and another 1 cup of broth to the pan. Simmer until the noodles are cooked. Add extra liquid if the noodles absorb too much.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.