Salmon salad takes about five minutes to prepare. You can do it right before you eat or you can prepare it in advance.
Canned salmon is combined with celery, cranberries and mayonnaise for a delicious, easy meal. The celery adds a nice crunch. The cranberries give a little sweet and tart flavor.
Then add some seasoning to taste and you’re all set.
My kids LOVE salmon salad. They enjoy anything with salmon. But they really liked this salad.
I packed the leftovers in my daughter’s lunch (she requested it!). For the lunch I just served it plain. What an easy and nutritious lunch.
I try to serve seafood once a week. This salmon salad is a really easy way to do that and be sure the kids will eat it.
Salmon salad is perfect for a meal where you need to walk in the door and eat. It’s even great on the go.
Salmon salad can be spruced up a bit to make it fancy enough for guests. Add chopped nuts and diced avocado for a really rich flavor. Serve it on crackers for a delicious appetizer.
This is a great recipe for the holidays. The red of the cranberries and green of the celery make it look very festive.
- 2 (6 oz.) cans boneless skinless salmon
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (preferably homemade - see post for link)
- 1 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dill weed
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- The cranberries can be replaced with raisins or cut up apricots.
- The salmon can be replaced with tuna, turkey or chicken.
- Serve the salad plain, on bread, with crackers or over rice or quinoa.
- Additional add-ins include chopped nuts and diced avocado.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.