The combination of orange, banana and strawberry gives a burst of flavor and also great color. It almost looks like a sunrise. Though you don’t need to take warning for this red sky.
By adding yogurt and egg yolks to these fruits you create a vitamin powerhouse.
If you want to add some healthy fat to the smoothie avocado, coconut oil and flax seed all work well.
Don’t forget to pair it with some properly prepared starch (quinoa, rice, sourdough bread, fried potatoes, etc.) for better absorption and digestion. Then you’ll have a good balance of protein, fat and carbohydrates.
Even if it’s cold and the sun isn’t shining during the winter you can start your day with a nutritious sunrise – in a smoothie! Take your fermented cod liver oil with it to boost your vitamin D, just like the sun does.
- 1/2 medium banana
- 1 clementine (or half an orange)
- 1/3 cup strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (or kefir, coconut milk or coconut milk yogurt)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp. honey (or maple syrup), if desired
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smoothie.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator.
- You can add 1/2 small avocado, 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil or 2 tsp. flax seeds for extra fat.
- Leave out the honey if serving this smoothie to a child under one year of age.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
*If you order by clicking on any of my Tropical Traditions links and have never ordered from Tropical Traditions in the past, you will receive a free book on Virgin Coconut Oil, and I will receive a discount coupon for referring you.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.