Got five minutes? Then you have enough time to make a melt-in-your-mouth allergen friendly treat! Salted honey chocolates are perfect for holidays, birthdays or any day.
As we enter the holiday season with parties and family gatherings, goodies and sweets are everywhere. For most people that is exciting.
But if you have allergies you often have to go without.
I’ve got a five minute treat that just about anyone can enjoy. Salted honey chocolates are the perfect bite size treat for sharing with friends.
Kids can even help make some and give them as teacher gifts.
Raw cream style honey and unrefined sea salt are combined to create a gooey caramel filling that doesn’t require any cooking or dairy.
These chocolates remind me of Caramelo® candy bars. Sweet chocolate with soft caramel inside.
Salted honey chocolates really only take five minutes of hands on time.
- Melt the allergen friendly chocolate chips over a double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate in candy molds.
- Add honey.
- Sprinkle with mineral rich salt.
- Add more chocolate.
Make it even easier.
No time to melt chocolate chips? Or you’re a busy mom with a baby in one arm and one kid around your ankle? I’ve got a solution.
Sanity is preserved.
Energy is restored.
I actually enjoy this little treat when the chocolate is still melted. Put honey and salt in a dish. Pour some melted chocolate over top. Dig in with a spoon!
No flours. No baking. No allergens. Simple and oh so delicious.
Kids love to help.
Let your kids get in on the fun. It could get messy. But it will be a tasty mess! And your kids will cherish the time with you and memories made.
Even if you are making sweets, getting kids in the kitchen will teach them life skills and what real food is all about.
Salted honey chocolates are one of the rare treats my entire family can eat.
Well, I haven’t actually let my toddler have chocolate yet. But she isn’t allergic to it. And I would let her have a little spoon of salted honey.
Her favorite treat these days is a scoop of lard with a little honey and sea salt. Perfect for the little one.
What are you waiting for? Grab some honey, chocolate and sea salt and get in the kitchen! Your after dinner snack or “mommy needs a break” fix is only five minutes away.
Just be sure to make a big batch. You’d be surprised how quickly they disappear! You may want to hide them in the back of the fridge.
Want to try your hand at another type of chocolate? You’ll love this chocolate covered toffee.
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chunks (or other chocolate chip you tolerate)
- 2 Tbsp. raw cream style honey
- 1/2 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Fill the candy molds 1/3 full with chocolate. Refrigerate 5 minutes to partially set.
- Put 1/2 tsp. honey in each mold.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.
- Top the honey with melted chocolate, filling each mold.
- Chill until firm.
- Remove from molds.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- A glass bowl on top of a pan with 1 inch of water works well as a double boiler.
- You can dip chocolate chunks in salted honey for a quick version.
- Salted honey mixed with the melted chocolate is another way to enjoy this treat.
This post is linked to Savoring Saturdays.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.