April 1 and time for some new goals. I think my biggest goal this month is just getting my body back on track, resting and getting rid of the inflammation. More sleep + less stress = healing. Here is what else I hope to do this month (as long as it doesn’t conflict with my resting 🙂
1. Writing – Brainstorm ideas for Real Food and Health (hard to be thinking about July and August topics already!) and write my Grand Rapids Natural Living article.
2. Photography – experiment with taking cake pictures.
|photo credit: darmano.typepad.com|
At the end of the month I will be at the 3 month mark for my elimination diet. So we’ll see if I’m brave enough to try adding any foods back. My low sensivities can be added after 3 months, one at a time.
I would also like to do more yoga and stretching. I will be doing my DVD at home. But it would also be nice to squeeze in a couple of actual classes. It’s been a long time since I’ve been to class. And I really miss it.
I will continue to do detox baths and foot soaks when I can.
4. Homemade Food – I will continue to experiment with gluten free foods and allergen-free foods for myself. I will also try making gluten free cake, bread and pizza dough so that Rebecca’s birthday party can be gluten free.
5. Relationships – No huge plans on my part in this area for April. But we’ll see what God has in store. When I stop trying that’s when I let God take control and do great things. I do hope to spend more time with my husband and children instead of being busy, busy. We will also be seeing family at Rebecca’s party. And Rebecca and I will continue to have our mommy/daughter dates each month.
I was going to go to a shopping day with some women from my church, but I cancelled. It’s just too much for me right now. Right now I need healing and rest, not more stress/anxiety.
6. Rebecca – We will continue to do gluten free for the moment. Maybe in a few weeks we’ll add some back in to see how she responds and if there is any noticeable change. I will also make sure she gets probiotics and plenty of nourishing foods.
And we’ll be celebrating my big girl’s 5th birthday! I don’t know how she can be that old yet.
|photo credit: auburn.nsw.gov.au|
7. Crafts – I will be finalizing all of the games, decorations, etc. for Rebecca’s party.
8. Cakes – April is a busy cake month for us. I will be making a cake for Justin this week. I will be experimenting and baking/decorating Rebecca’s cake. I will also be planning Abram’s cake. I also have a friend that said she has a friend that might be interested in ordering a cake from me. I haven’t heard anything yet. If she does it would depend on the timing and if I think I could do it or it would be too much stress right now.
9. Declutter – This month I WILL organize Abram’s closet :p Justin saw it the other day and was like what is going on in there?! So maybe one day when he is home to help with the kids I can attack it.
10. Acceptance – I am working on accepting my body in the healing process. Even when I have big flares in inflammation, die off, etc. and feel totally uncomfortable in my skin (and my clothes!) I am trying to accept it and not worry. I know I’ve been here before. I know it’s not permanent. I know things will calm down and I’ll feel better again. This is part of my healing process and is helping me learn what my body needs. It’s usually a wake up call that I’ve been stressing out my body too much again. When will I learn? 😛
11. Service – I am hoping to get more involved in nursery cmt stuff at church soon.