When blueberries and zucchini are in season that means it’s time for muffins! This is a great breakfast packed with fruits and vegetables.
The best part…you can’t even tell there is zucchini in them. Seriously. They are just like blueberry muffins. Plus they are gluten, dairy and nut free.
Make a big batch. Eat some now and freeze some for later. Paired with a little protein, these blueberry zucchini muffins make an excellent quick breakfast for school mornings.
Do you need a delicious breakfast that is allergen-friendly but tastes moist and delicious? Blueberry zucchini muffins are just the thing. The zucchini keeps them moist while the blueberries add a burst of flavor.
My kids love these. I feel good knowing they are starting their day with quality carbohydrates and even vegetables.
No more dense, crumbly gluten free muffins. Blueberry zucchini muffins are the perfect breakfast for the whole family. They are easy to make and can be prepared in advance. Breakfast just got a lot tastier, healthier and easier.
- 1 1/4 cups whole grain gluten free flour (amaranth, sorghum, teff, brown rice)
- 1 cup white gluten free flour (white rice, tapioca)
- 1 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup coconut oil or palm shortening, melted (butter can also be used if you are not dairy free)
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Heat the oven to 375*F. Grease a muffin pan or line with muffin cups.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients, except the blueberries. Beat until well mixed.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes, until golden brown and baked through.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Store at room temperature for a few days or in the freezer for long term storage.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.