Fall activities are in full swing. Everyone is busy. This is when it gets harder to keep healthy food on the table.
When time gets cut short breakfast is usually the first meal to suffer. You opt for whatever is easiest to grab in the morning.
Do you need a time saving breakfast that your kids will love? Don’t reach for a box. Try pancake muffins!
You can make a big batch ahead of time and then just warm up as many as you need. There is no need to stand at the stove flipping pancakes, trying to keep them warm.
Are you preparing breakfast for the whole family or even for guests? With pancake muffins you can cook pancakes for a crowd and have them all ready at the same time.
Pancake muffins have just a hint of sweetness and you can add all of your favorite toppings – butter, syrup, honey, fruit, etc. Serve them alongside scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon or yogurt for a well balanced breakfast.
Do you want to spruce them up a bit? Add some fruit or chocolate chips for a special pancake treat.
Pancakes don’t have to be a weekend treat. You can have them any time by turning them into muffins. You can even eat them on the go. Spread some butter, honey or jam in the middle and take them with you.
Do you like pancakes? Try a pancake muffin!
- 2 cups any combination of gluten free flours (I used 1 cup tapioca, 1 cup amaranth)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 6 Tbsp. fat, melted (coconut oil, palm shortening, lard or butter)
- 1/2 cup milk or milk substitute
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit, chocolate chips or cooked sausage
- Heat the oven to 350*F. Grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in any add-ins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with honey, maple syrup, jam and/or butter.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.