We also use a lot of them fresh. Sweet cherries are great for making desserts and smoothies.
But another way to enjoy them is in jam. Nothing beats fresh cherry jam!
This jam recipe is very easy to make. Plus it’s free of pectin. You can make a big batch and freeze most of it to use throughout the year.
One recipe makes about four 1/2-pint jars. You can easily double the recipe so you have a lot to freeze.
Not sure you love cherries as much as I do? Swap some of the cherries for another fruit for a combination jam. Cherries and raspberries work very well together.
Cherries offer a perfect natural sweetness so you don’t need to add much to the jam.
Are you ready to start your day with a plate of scrambled eggs and toast with fresh cherry jam? I sure am! I think I could even eat the jam straight out of the jar. It’s that good.
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. pure cherry juice (can be replaced with more lemon juice)
- 3 tsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 4 cups sweet cherries, pitted and chopped (keep any juice that comes out from chopping with the cherries)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar, sucanat or coconut sugar
- In a medium saucepan combine the lemon juice, cherry juice and gelatin. Let the gelatin dissolve for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cherries and sugar to the pan.
- Cook and slightly mash cherries with a potato masher over medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Turn down heat and allow jam to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour the jam into clean jars.
- Place lids on the jars and refrigerate until fully gelled.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- This recipe makes about 4 - 1/2 pint jars.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.