I LOVE ice cream! I make it almost weekly during the summer. I usually try to create unique and fun flavors.
But there really isn’t anything better than the classic vanilla ice cream.
I love to top mine with gluten free hot fudge or dairy free chocolate sauce. A little sprinkle of sea salt really adds to the flavor as well.
Vanilla ice cream goes well with just about anything. Serve it with pie, on brownies or make a sundae.
It is also very easy to make. Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Mix. Process. It’s really that simple.
Through my years of ice cream experimentation I have perfected the classic vanilla ice cream flavor. Now I’m sharing it with you!
The next time you want a refreshing summer dessert, go with a classic – pure, simple vanilla ice cream. It’s delicious and nutritious.
- 2 1/2 cups. cream (preferably raw)
- 1/2 cup whole milk (preferably raw)
- 1 - 3 egg yolks (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. organic vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup any combination of sweetener (honey, maple syrup, cane sugar)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until well mixed.
- Adjust sweetness to taste.
- Process in an ice cream mixer according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe container.
- Freeze until firm.
- For a very neutral sweetener flavor use cane sugar alone or a combination of half honey and half maple syrup.
- The cream and milk can be replaced with coconut milk for a dairy free version. You may have to increase the sweetener a little to get the desired flavor.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.