I LOVE ice cream! I make it almost weekly during the summer. I usually try to create unique and fun flavors.
But there really isn’t anything better than the classic vanilla ice cream.
It is also very easy to make. Add all of the ingredients to a blender. Mix. Process. It’s really that simple.
Through my years of ice cream experimentation I have perfected the classic vanilla ice cream flavor. Now I’m sharing it with you!
The next time you want a refreshing summer dessert, go with a classic – pure, simple vanilla ice cream. It’s delicious and nutritious.
- 2 1/2 cups. cream (preferably raw)
- 1/2 cup whole milk (preferably raw)
- 1 - 3 egg yolks (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. organic vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup any combination of sweetener (honey, maple syrup, cane sugar)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender. Blend until well mixed.
- Adjust sweetness to taste.
- Process in an ice cream mixer according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer safe container.
- Freeze until firm.
- For a very neutral sweetener flavor use cane sugar alone or a combination of half honey and half maple syrup.
- The cream and milk can be replaced with coconut milk for a dairy free version. You may have to increase the sweetener a little to get the desired flavor.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.