Summer isn’t complete without at least one cherry treat. Coconut milk blends perfectly with sweet cherries for a delicious dessert.
This ice cream is perfect for those with allergies. Sweet cherry coconut milk ice cream is naturally dairy, nut, egg, gluten, corn and soy free.
Even if you don’t have to be dairy free this ice cream is wonderful. Both of my kids LOVE it. It’s not too heavy and not too sweet. Just a perfect balance.
Not sure what to do with your sweet cherries? Make ice cream! Have you already frozen your cherries? No problem. Frozen works just as well as fresh to make ice cream. So you can enjoy a summery treat all year long.
- 2 cups (1 can) coconut milk
- 1 cup pitted sweet cherries
- 1/2 cup choice of sweetener (honey, maple syrup, cane sugar, coconut sugar)
- 1 Tbsp. organic vanilla
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 2 egg yolks (optional)
- Chocolate chips and/or chopped cherries (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients (except chocolate chips/chopped cherries) in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Process the ice cream in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container.
- Stir in chocolate chips and/ or chopped cherries if desired.
- Freeze until firm.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.