This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? I know I do! I grew up in a house that always had fresh chocolate chip cookies on hand. My mom is known for her cookies. There is no special recipe. But she knows how to make them just right.
Last week I decided to bake a batch of cookies for one of our Father’s Day goodies. But I wanted to make them so the whole family could enjoy them – allergies and all.
This is my version of chocolate chip cookies that is gluten, dairy, rice and nut free. They are light and crunchy. A perfect treat for everyone.
The next time you have a craving for cookies try a batch of these chocolate chunk cookies.
This post is shared on Allergy-Free Wednesday.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies
A light and crispy chocolate chip cookie that is very allergen-friendly.
Write a review
- 2 cups any combination of gluten free flours (i.e. white rice, brown rice, amaranth, tapioca, sorghum)*
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 cup organic palm shortening
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar, sucanat, cane sugar or brown cane sugar (using half each of two kinds of sugar gives great flavor)
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 -2 cups gf df chocolate chunks (or any chip you like)
- Heat the oven to 350*F.
- Cream the shortening and sugars.
- Add the vanilla and eggs. Beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet in 1-2 tablespoon scoops.
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes (shorter for softer cookies, longer for crispier cookies).
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before moving the cookies to a cooling rack.
- *The cookies will turn out best if at least 1/3 of the flour mix is a "white" flour like white rice or tapioca.
Just Take A Bite https://justtakeabite.com/
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.