Both of my children LOVE mint ice cream. We make it quite often. Recently when making a batch I wanted to spruce it up a bit.
I thought about adding some cocoa (who doesn’t love mint and chocolate together?). That reminded me of Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies. Inspired by this classic cookie I came up with my dairy free” Thin Mint” Cookie ice cream.
This ice cream is filled with mint and chocolate flavor. Plus you get the crunchy chocolate cookie taste as well.
“Thin Mint” Cookie ice cream is a treat just about anyone can enjoy. You can replace the coconut milk with cream if you tolerate dairy.
Scoop yourself a big bowl of “Thin Mint” Cookie ice cream, add a little chocolate sauce and enjoy. What a great way to celebrate the start of the school year. Remember, summer isn’t over quite yet!
Get the chocolate cookie recipe here!
This post is linked to Allergy free Wednesdays.
- 2 1/2 cups coconut milk (can be replaced with cream if you tolerate dairy)
- 1/2 cup any combination of sweetener (cane sugar, coconut sugar, honey, maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca flour (optional)
- 1 - 3 egg yolks (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate cookie pieces (see post for recipe link)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a blender combine the coconut milk, sweetener, cocoa powder, vanilla, peppermint, sea salt, flour and egg yolks. Blend until smooth.
- Process in an ice cream mixer according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container.
- Mix in the cookie pieces and chocolate chips.
- Freeze until firm.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.