This simple strawberry slush is a fun, fruity, allergen-friendly drink for kids and adults. It contains no eggs, dairy, nuts, grains, soy or coconut.Do you want to treat your kids to a really fun drink? Try a simple strawberry slush! It is a perfect way to cool down in the summer and consume fresh, nutritious produce.
I grew up drinking Slushies® all the time. We would bike to the local drug store all summer to get them. Of course they were made of food coloring, high fructose corn syrup and artificial flavor.
This simple strawberry slush is a much-improved version. It only uses a few simple ingredients. It is also very allergen-friendly.
My kids LOVE these. I’ll be honest – my husband and I do too!
As always, the best part for me is that it only takes about 60 seconds to make a simple strawberry slush. Plus I can add collagen for a nutrition boost.
Strawberries work very well in this drink – even frozen! But if you don’t have any or want a different flavor you can try blueberries, raspberries or even cherries. You really can’t go wrong.
This summer the whole family can cool down with a nourishing simple strawberry slush.
- 6 ice cubes
- 3/4 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen) (or other fruit)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. sweetener (honey, syrup, sucanat) (depending on the sweetness of the fruit)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. collagen (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Blend until desired consistency.
- Serve immediately.
- This makes enough for two children or one adult.
- You can blend it completely smooth (for small children) or leave a bit of slushiness from the ice.
- Blueberries, raspberries and cherries can be combined with or substituted for the strawberries.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.