Homemade pudding is such a tasty treat! But typical pudding is made with milk and eggs. That eliminates pudding for many people with allergies.
I recently made a dairy free chocolate pudding for my son. It was a huge hit. But over the last few weeks I’ve been wondering if eggs are bothering him again. I didn’t want to take away his special treat.
So I experimented with a new pudding that is also egg free.
This butterscotch pudding is creamy and delicious! It is so “buttery” that I almost called it caramel pudding. It is also very healthy with its gut-healing gelatin.
My son likes to eat it with crushed graham crackers mixed in. It’s like his own little pudding trifle.
I just love that it’s safe for him to eat, easy to make and filled with good stuff.
Are you looking for an easy treat that is dairy, egg, nut and gluten free? This is it! It only takes about ten minutes to make so you can have it in no time.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup milk substitute (oat, rice, almond, etc.)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or sucanat
- 1 tsp. gelatin
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. organic vanilla
- In a medium saucepan combine the milks, sugar, gelatin, flour and salt.
- Let set one minute while gelatin is absorbed.
- Cook pudding over medium heat, whisking frequently.
- When pudding thickens remove from heat (this takes about 10 minutes).
- Add vanilla. Whisk.
- Pour into serving dishes.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate. The pudding will become firmer as it cools.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Could you make this with just coconut milk?
Absolutely Peta! It will just have a stronger coconut flavor.