Peach jam in five minutes? Yes! And only three ingredients. Simple, healthy and bursting with flavor. Five minute peach jam is a great way to capture summer in a jar.
Growing up I ate one thing on my toast – grape jelly. Always.
This year I tried peach jam. Wow! It’s like summer in a jar.
Chop. Mix. Simmer.
For real – that is all there is to it. Cut up fresh peaches, add sweetener and grass-fed gelatin. Simmer about five minutes.
Fresh peach jam awaits.
You can even make peach jam without any sweetener if your peaches are sweet enough. Else a couple tablespoons of sweetener really kicks up the flavor.
Let the kids help.
This is a great project for getting your kids in the kitchen. Peal and pit the peaches and let your child cut them into small chunks. A dull knife is just fine for chopping peaches.
Then let them measure the sugar and gelatin.
Older kids can help with the cooking as well. If you are making a pureed jam this is a great way to teach older kids how to use an immersion blender.
Spread it on. Stir it in.
Once the jam has chilled for a few hours it will be gelled enough to serve. Spread it on homemade gluten free bread, sourdough bread or your favorite muffin. My kids couldn’t get enough of this peach jam on freshly baked bread alongside a big bowl of soup.
Another great way to use peach jam is mixed into plain, whole milk yogurt. It makes instant peach yogurt without any thickeners, gums or added flavorings.
Stock the freezer.
This recipe is for a small batch to eat fresh. You can easily triple it (or more!) and freeze the jam. Then you can enjoy it all year long.
Peach jam in the middle of winter is a real treat! Not to mention it’s very cost-effective. One jar of homemade jam costs about $1.25 (give or take).
The same amount of quality store-bought peach jam would cost about $5.00.
Grab a few peaches and your kids and mix up a quick batch of five minute peach jam. Then enjoy this allergen free spread all year long to change up your breakfast.
What is your favorite type of jam or jelly? Do you make your own?
- 1 cup peaches, peeled, pitted, cut into small pieces (juice reserved)
- 3/4 tsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 1 - 3 Tbsp. organic cane sugar or honey
- Add peaches and juice to a small saucepan.
- Add the gelatin and stir. Let sit 1 minute.
- Add the sugar.
- Bring to very low simmer and let cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Mash or puree if desired.
- Pour into a half pint jar.
- Chill until gelled.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 1 year.
- An easy way to reserve the peach juice is to cut the peach directly over the pan and let the juice drip down while you cut.
- You can leave out the sweetener to make this sugar free jam.
- This makes one half pint of jam. Multiply the recipe by how many jars you want to make.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.