There are so many ways to use strawberries when they are fresh. There are even plenty of ways to use them once they are frozen. But one of the best ways to use them, fresh or frozen, is by making strawberry jam!
I’ll confess. I’ve never been that great at making jam.
I followed recipes exactly. I bought various types of pectin. It just never seemed to turn out well. I think my husband was starting to wonder if I would ever make jam that wasn’t like liquid or totally solid.
This year I decided to create my own recipe for pectin-free easy strawberry freezer jam. It turned out so well!!
I love this recipe because you don’t need pectin (the debate is still out on whether or not pectin is really that great for you). Instead it uses grass-fed gelatin. It is also super easy to make and only takes about 15 minutes.
This pectin-free strawberry freezer jam recipe makes about five half-pints of jam. I just might have to make another batch soon. I don’t think it’s going to last very long in our house.
Pectin-free easy strawberry freezer jam is great on toast. But you can also spread it on pancakes, mix it into yogurt or even use it as an ice cream topping! My kids like to eat it by the spoonful. It’s that good.
Whether you still have fresh strawberries available or you already have your stash in the freezer, try making pectin-free easy strawberry freezer jam.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 1/2 tsp. grass-fed gelatin
- 3/4 cups organic cane sugar, sucanat, coconut sugar or honey
- 5 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a medium sauce pan combine the lemon juice and gelatin. Let sit 2 minutes.
- Add the sweetener and strawberries.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring and mashing berries with a potato masher, for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the jam into half-pint jars.
- Chill jam in the refrigerator until set.
- Use the jam fresh or freeze until ready to use.
- This makes about five half-pints.
- If using frozen berries, thaw them at least partially before making the jam.
In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. It will not change the cost of any products or services for you.