Looking for a crunchy snack that isn’t loaded with junk? These gluten free crackers with liver are made with healthy fat and lots of vitamins and minerals! Snack away.
It’s no secret. I LOVE my desiccated liver! I add it to just about anything, including meatballs, soups, tacos, smoothies and even caramel! I consider liver to be one of the world’s healthiest foods. It is loaded with vitamins and minerals.
But that doesn’t mean everyone loves to eat it. I personally can’t stand cooked liver. I try to choke a little down every once in a while. Just because I should.
How We Eat Liver.
Rather than rely on the rare mouthful, I use Perfect Supplements desiccated liver on a daily basis. I usually start my day with it in capsule form (perfect if you don’t even like the taste of desiccated liver). Then I add the powder to my food later in the day.
My kids call it our “secret ingredient” when we cook together. They like to surprise Daddy, telling him there is liver in his food.
Even if my kids don’t mind me adding liver to our food, I’m always on the hunt for new ways to get it down.
Gluten Free Crackers with Liver!
I recently decided to boost the nutrition of a kid favorite – crackers! These gluten free crackers with liver are super easy to make and taste delicious. But they are also loaded with nutrition.
Liver for Less!
You can always stock up on Perfect Supplement desiccated liver (or any of their other awesome products) at a 10% discount with my code TAKE10. Stock up on all your favorite supplements HERE. Then head to the kitchen to make a batch of gluten free crackers with liver.
Do you regularly consume liver? What is your favorite way to eat it?
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 tsp. Perfect Supplements gelatin
- 1 1/2 tsp. unrefined sea salt
- 4 tsp. organic cane sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. Perfect Supplements desiccated liver
- 1/4 tsp. Perfect Supplements fermented kale
- 1/8 tsp. Perfect Supplements aquatic greens
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. herbs of choice (optional)
- 6 Tbsp. avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 1/2 - 3/4 cups water
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, gelatin, salt, sugar, liver, kale, greens, herbs and olive oil. Mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup water. Mix well.
- Gradually add more water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until a ball of dough forms when squeezed with your hands.
- Split the dough in half.
- Lay one half on a piece of parchment paper or silpat. Place another piece of paper on top. Roll until 1/8 - 1/4 inch thin.
- Cut with a pizza cutter or knife into desired size squares. Sprinkle with extra salt if desired. Place parchment paper with cracker dough on a baking pan.
- Repeat process for the second ball of dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. Turn off oven and leave crackers in to crisp for an additional 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container for up to 3 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.